Friday, September 28, 2012

Hulking Out

I know you have all been just dying to know how my exercise routine is going, so I thought I would give everyone a little update. I will start first by saying that lunges and a post hysterectomy body, do not mix. I try to do a short workout for thirty minutes as I get ready for the day. This at first included lunges, until I realized it was causing some severe pains. I have since replaced my lunges with some nice relaxing yoga poses. (I definitely mean relaxing poses here, like the tree pose and downward facing dog. I didn't want you all to think I was able to do some crazy hand stands or something). My mini-exercises have gone even better than usual since I started my steroid. Yup, I'm on the juice. That was one of the meds my allergist gave me to help with the swelling in my sinus. Not only can I breathe better, but I've turned into a She Hulk. I have yet to rip through one of my shirts, to my husband's dismay, but I feel like I could definitely lift a car or something. I have been able to do more in the past week than I have done in the past six months. My little guy loves my new found energy. I took him to a new park this week that had five slides. (Which, if you are a parent, you know is the most amazing part of a park for a two year old). That kid made me ride those slides at least fifty times. It was like he was shooting for some kind of record. We even had onlookers comment on our sliding stamina. If only I could ride this roid train forever...Sadly, I am only on this med for a week, due to the fact that it can stop your adrenal glands, give you brittle bones, and blah, blah, blah. Seems like doctors just don't want a bunch of regular people running around able to lift cars and slide for hours on end. So, I guess I will have to leave the juicing to the major leaguers. No asterisk by my name. Hopefully my next post will not include some sad steroid withdrawal story...
Until next time, I will be enjoying my last two pill-filled days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home