Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Life in aTart Shell

My dear readers,

I generally give you crazy detialed updates of my ridiculously uneventful life, but today, instead, I decided to change it up and give you the "Reader's Digest" version of recent event. I, of course, have been running around like everyone else slamming Christmas together at the last minute. (How festive this sounds!) The Elf on the Shelf has been quite the success in our home. Our little guys is completely into it, and amazed that "Scooter" is in a new place each day. My best friend gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! (I am still amazed by this, because she gets completely panicked by a thunderstorm, but was forced to give birth for twelve hours without an epidural, and did it like a BOSS!) We also bought a new vehicle this month! It is so nice to be in a bigger vehicle. I can honestly say that I do not miss my sad minivan. (But, I know my friends will miss all of the "hilarious" jokes they had about me driving it...) My mom turned 50! I had a grand time going out for drinks with her and her friend. (I accidentally bought a $30 glass of wine..But it was delicious, so I don't really feel bad.) We had a family dinner for her birthday as well. (My baby brother split the bill with me. It is so hard to think of him as grown up enough to be able to split a check with me. Even though he makes WAY more moolah than I ever will! Lol) I also had an asthma attack the day of the family dinner. Which would not have been so exciting, but I had let my inhaler prescription lapse...Oops! I now am on an all the time asthma med, (and I refilled my inhaler prescription, for you worriers out there) that seems to be working well, but makes me have some weird dreams! My doctor informed me that I probably have weird dreams every night, but that this pill just makes me wake up in the middle of them, so the dreams are more apparent. (I certainly hope that I have not been dreaming about sharks that morph into rabid dogs this whole time, because I'm not sure what that would say about me.)

Well, there you have it, my month in a nutshell. (Ok, maybe not a nutshell, because I would have some ridiculous allergic reaction, so let's just say in a tart shell, because those are small too.)
Now I am off.
I must attempt to make homemade marshmallows to give as gifts. (I was going to give out cookies, but my menopausal mind caused me to purchase the wrong size tins, so marshmallows it is!) Then we will spend this weekend getting ready for the magic of Christmas! (Even at 26, Christmas still holds so much magic for me.)
Until next time, Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Adrianne said...

C doesn't care much about "Buddy", our elf, yet... Maybe next year he will care more and Buddy will really start to get into trouble. (He has a thing for hanging from the ceiling)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home