Monday, April 22, 2013

Reflections and Updates


"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering." -St. Augustine


I knew you were all just dying for an update, so here it is!

I literally feel as if we haven't stopped in the past month. The most notable updates are my little guy turned three, I'm signed up for classes to finish my degree, and we found a new house!

I feel as if it has all been a blur. My little guy turned 3! He had a blast celebrating with friends and family. My favorite part of his birthday would have to be watching him sneak licks of icing off of his monster cake. (I'm going to say this is my favorite part, because my son then forced my mother to eat a piece of pre-licked cake. Ah, the price you pay for being a grandma!) It is amazing how quickly children grow and change. I feel so privileged to be able to take part in his childhood. (You know, except for the days when he is a total monster, and then I feel like I could go either way.)

In other news, I am signed up for classes for the next two semesters, and I will be graduating Fall 2013! I've been at this degree for the better part of a decade, so it is nice to see an end in sight. I believe that finally finishing my degree will be one of the most satisfying moments in my life. It has been such a long road. (That I will not bore you with.) A quick version would be: I became too ill for school multiple times. Now that I am uterus-free, there is nothing holding me back from finishing!

We have also found a new house! Three bids later, and we finally found one that is perfect. (Not entirely "perfect" because it needs paint and flooring, but it has great bones.) House hunting has proved to be entirely more stressful than I had originally thought. I have learned that the trick is to not mentally move into any house that you see or bid on. (Clearly a rookie mistake, that my husband and I both made.) It only took us a month, but we are finally under contract. Hopefully, everything works out with the rest of the process. We still have an inspection and an appraisal to get through. There was another positive to finding a house, my uncle is our realtor. I love spending time with my uncle. Not only is he incredibly funny, but he reminds me of my grandfather. So, it has been great getting to spend so much time with him lately. (Aww, I'm such a good niece, I know.)

Getting a house means so much more to us than just having more space. As you all know, I can no longer have children, and as some of you know, my husband and I have been looking into adoption. With the added size of our new house, this dream is more of a reality. We will now be able to qualify to be foster parents, because we have enough rooms! A house and a new kid! We are so excited for the future, and can't wait to get settled into our new home, so we can start classes to become foster parents! Our little guy is very excited for our new house, and he said that he wouldn't mind being a big brother.

Ok, these are all the updates I have for you all right now. I'm sure as our real estate and parenting ventures progress, I will have much more to report.

Until then, count the blessings in your life and give thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home