Sunday, August 25, 2013

Best Laid Plans...

It has been such an eventful month and a half.  I find it difficult to articulate everything that has happened. So, here are the highlights: Moved into our new house, husband and I both started new jobs, visits from out of state family from both sides, doctor visit, emergency room, doctor visit, kidney surgery, hospitalized, kidney surgery again, lost my job, emergency room, doctor visit, little guy started preschool, I withdrew from school...and that about sums us up to this point.

Not much for a highlight reel, maybe we can dub it a low and highlight reel?

Well, as you can surmise, my body has taken over my life again.  It is extremely frustrating.  I have lived through endometriosis hell and hysterectomy recovery. I thought I would never be stuck in bed again.  Best laid plans... I've been stuck in bed for the better part of a month.  My kidney decided it would swell and cause pain. Long story short, I had a surgery to correct the issue which, unfortunately, made things worse and landed me in the hospital for a few days. Thank God for nurses is all I have to say about that stay. After the traumatic ordeal, I got a new doc and actually have an in depth test scheduled for tomorrow.  So, let's hope I'm on the up and my body starts taking a back seat to my life again.
Definite highlight has been my awesome friends and family, who have taken excellent care of me, for the millionth time. I'm lucky to have a husband willing to take on all of the responsibility of cooking, cleaning, and taking care of our little guy while I'm sick. I'm also lucky to have a mother, who then is willing to take care of me, so my husband can do everything else.

That's all the update that I am up for, for now.

Until next time, count the blessings in your life, and give thanks. Trust me, it is all very fragile, and changes so quickly. It is essential to take stock of all of the good in your life, so you are armed to handle all of the challenges. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home