Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Beer Quest Update

My dear readers,

Clearly, "Beer" is just going to grace my blog titles until I finish my pumpkin ale quest, so bear with me.

Here are my reviews of my recent testers:

First, we have Upslope's Pumpkin Ale. It is out of Boulder, Colorado, and I must say it has been the best pumpkin ale, that I have tried thus far. It has a definite pumpkin taste, and has warm hints of pumpkin spice. This ale has a little higher alcohol content, and comes in a pint size can. Needless to say, I had a bit of a buzz, and felt ready for fall! Give this one a try! (Although, I must disclose that my husband was not a fan. He felt that it had a sour taste.) (No, I did not try this one with my brother. He has been super busy, and missing out on beer drinking with his older, cooler sister.)
Upslope Pumpkin Ale

Next up, we have Samuel Adams Oktoberfest. I enjoyed this gem at an actual bar! (Before you say anything, yes I am aware that this is not a pumpkin ale, but it is seasonal, so I'm justified in my choice to try it!) My husband took me to Outback Steakhouse for a "date night." We ended up sitting at the bar, drinking beer, and talking sports with the other men at the bar. So, really, I was just sitting in on "guy's night." Nevertheless, I tried the gigantic serving of Oktoberfest. It was amazing! It is like all of the beauty of fall was condensed into beer form. If you have not tried this, do so, and if you can find it on-tap, even better! 

Sam Adams Oktoberfest

Give these two a try, and enjoy the rest of fall before it's gone! (Obviously if you are under 21, enjoy your fall, but no beer for you!) 

The next post will have an update on my fall, and a recipe for cinnamon, dark chocolate covered pretzels, so stay tuned. 

In the meantime, count the blessings in your life and give thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home