Monday, November 4, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pretzles...and Beer!

My Dear Readers,

In this post, I will detail how to make some delicious and easy Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pretzels, and give a review of my latest pumpkin ale tasting.

First things first, let's start with the booze!

On Halloween, I tried Shipyard Brewing Company's Smashed Pumpkin. It was amazing! It had a very distinct Pumpkin flavor, a very full body, and a blast of warm spices. My father tried this one with me, and he really enjoyed it! Thanks to my Pinterest junkie mother, I also had the idea to mix Smashed Pumpkin with Vanilla Vodka. Now, that was unbelievably amazing! I had quite the Halloween buzz after that concoction. I wish I could provide a recipe, but I eyeballed it. A shot of vodka, and covered it with beer. (Very scientific!) Needless to say, this beer is a win, and I recommend giving it a try. ( However, I must denote that my husband and my cousin gave it a try as well, and they were less than fans. I've decided that my husband just isn't a fan of pumpkin ale, period. As for my cousin, he is just a crabby old man, so his vote really doesn't count either.)


Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin
I used Smirnoff Twist of Vanilla

Now, onto the recipe I promised. 

Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels

What you need: 

1 Bag Mini Pretzels (I used the Snyder's of Hanover Mini Pretzels 1 Pounder Bag)

2 Bags of Dark Cocoa Candy Melts (I used the brand that is sold at Michael's) (If you want to use another kind of chocolate, you will just need to add some shortening to it.) 

2 -3 Tbs Cinnamon based on taste (I wanted a stronger cinnamon flavor, so I used closer to 2 1/2. If you use cinnamon extract, use WAY less. Be careful not to add too much ground cinnamon either, or it will cause the chocolate to have a gritty texture.)  

Double Boiler (I use a make-shift double boiler with a large pot and a glass bowl.)

Tongs

Cookie Sheets Lined with Wax Paper 

What to do: 


Step 1. Pour Candy Melts into a large glass bowl, and set aside. 

Step 2. Fill Large Pot about 1/3 with water, and boil. 




 Step 3. Once the water has maintained a  roaring boil, turn off the heat, and place the glass bowl with Candy Melts on top.
 Step 4. Continuously stir until all of the Candy Melts have melted. 
Step 5. Now is the time to add your cinnamon. 


Step 6. Dip Pretzels into the chocolate, and pull out using the tongs. (I pour about 1/3 of the bag in at a time to coat as many pretzels at once.) 



 Step 7. Shake off excess chocolate, and place on the wax paper lined cookie sheets. 


Step 8. Put the covered pretzels into the fridge to set. 
Step 9. Pretzels are ready! Store in air-tight containers. 
Step 10. Enjoy! (See they are delicious and easy!) 



I hope you are all able to give Shipyard a try, and I'm sure that it will go well with the Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels you are going to make! 

Until next time, count the blessings in your life and give thanks! 












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home