Friday, November 22, 2013

Monster Pancakes and Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheels

My Dear Readers,

Well, it has been rather dull around here lately. I am waiting to go for more blood work in a couple weeks, that should provide more answers. However, I feel like my body will just remain an enigma to the medical world. On a bright note, I have become rather "ballsy" lately, and decided to send one of my poems to The New Yorker. I will know within 90 days whether they decide to use it or not. I also sent my resume to a local magazine, because, why not? I have not heard back, so I am leaning towards the negative, but I still have a glimmer of hope until I hear a definitive no. 

In the meantime, I bake! Clearly, baking will always be my go to, so sit back and enjoy the benefit of my abundance of time and affinity for baked goods! 

First things first, my cousin's wife gave me a recipe for "Monster Pancakes" a while ago, and I finally had a chance to make them last week. "Monster Pancakes" are also known as German Pancakes. It is an egg based pancake, that comes out with a delicious custard consistency!

These were simple, and come out so beautifully! I wowed my husband with breakfast when he woke up, and he thought I had put way more effort into it than I actually did. (Which, if you are married, you know is always a plus!)

The recipe that my cousin's wife sent me was via text, so here is one I found that is almost identical to hers.

"Monster Pancakes" - German Pancakes

Right out of the oven


Mini German Pancakes made in muffin tins. So easy!

1 cup milk
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Blend first five ingredients in a blender.Be sure to smooth out any flour lumps. Blend in butter a little at a time. Grease muffin tins well and fill slightly less that half-full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. The crater will form on its own. Add your favorite toppings and a dusting of powdered sugar. (Source:realmomkitchen.com) http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/mini-german-pancakes-made-in-muffin-tins.html?p=73


I topped mine with a frozen berry mix that I had in the freezer. I thawed the berries while the pancakes were baking, and then tossed them with a little granulated sugar before topping the pancakes. The berries added just the right amount of fresh bite to the creamy custard pancakes.




Definitely give these pancakes a try! Easy, beautiful, and delicious! (They were even tasty the next day with a quick zap in the microwave.) 

Now, I completed a couple new easy and delicious recipes of my own yesterday that I am just dying to share with you all! 

I will put the pinwheels on this post, but save the Individual Cinnamon Roll Pies for the next post. (You won't want to miss it, they have ooey gooey cinnamon roll filling in a crispy pie crust!) 




Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheels

What You Need:

1 Can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1/2 Cup of Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar 
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg

What To Do:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 








-Mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.







-Unroll Crescent Roll dough. 






-Cover dough with softened butter. 
-Sprinkle sugar mixture all over the buttered dough. 







-Roll the dough into a log. 







-Using a sharp knife, cut the log into pinwheels. 
-Place on foiled cookie sheet. 



-Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pinwheels are golden brown. 
- Place pinwheels on cooling rack. 
-Let cool 5 minutes, and serve. 

They turn out like mini crispy, sweet cinnamon rolls! 

Give these a try! Easy way to have a homemade taste with only a little effort! 

Until next time, count your blessings and give thanks! 

If any of you are giving my recipes a try, I would love to hear from you, and to see your pictures! Leave your pics and progress in my comments section!















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home