Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Simple Apple Pie Recipe

My Dear Readers,

I feel that I have adjusted my Apple Pie recipe to my liking, so I thought I would share it with you all, just in time for Thanksgiving! This is a great pie to include in your Thanksgiving menu, because it is easy to put together, since I cheat, and use a refrigerated pie crust! When I asked my grandmother for her pecan pie recipe a while ago, she told me, "I'll give you my pie recipe, but if you want a crust recipe, you will have to call your Aunt Katie, because I go the easy way and use store-bought." So, if store-bought crust  is good enough for my culinary savvy grandmother, it is good enough for me!

Look at that golden brown crust!

Apple Pie

What You Need:
1 Box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust 
5 Medium-size Apples – (I prefer crisp red apples, but you just need a firm apple, so the filling isn’t soggy.)
¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
2/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbs Cold Butter
Pie Pan

What You Do:
Pre-heat Oven to 425 degrees, and grease a 9 inch pie pan.
Peel and thinly slice apples.
Place apples in a large bowl, and gently mix in sugars, spices, and flour.
Press one roll of pie crust into the bottom of greased pie pan.
Pour the apple filling into the bottom crust.
Spread the apples evenly in the pan.
Now, break up the cold butter pats, and spread them directly over the filling.
Cover the filling with another roll of pie crust.
Crimp the edges together.
Make a few slits into the top crust, so that steam is able to escape.
Cover just the edges of the crust with aluminum foil, and place in oven.
Bake for 20 minutes. 
Remove the foil, and continue to bake for another 20- 25 minutes.
Once finished, place on a cooling rack, and let the pie sit for at least an hour and a half. (If the pie is cut too soon, the filling will run.)
Serve and enjoy!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home